Friday, June 11, 2010

So I'm back...

So I made it back from my Chicago Conference. It went well, but I am exhausted beyond all reason.

While I was gone something rather interesting happened. This is what I left:


and this is what I came home to:

Holy smokes! The tree guys finally came!!! When we bought this house one of the few things we wanted to do right away was remove the trees from the front of the house. Unfortunately each and every one was way too close to the structure. And it was just choking it.

  
Going up to the front door wasn't very friendly before, but now...


Soooooo much nicer!!! I'm excited to landscape this now. I think it'll be a fun experience and make this house 'ours' even from the street! 

One thing we have noticed though, is that now we have to work on window treatments more... without all those trees you can see straight in! And I don't want to keep the decorative drapes pulled. I'd really like linen rollers, but the windows are oddly sized, being really wide but with 2 different sized segments within them. Any thoughts?

Also they haven't ground down the stumps yet (as you can probably see in the pictures). When we called to ask why it hadn't been done they said the ground is too wet from all the rain, but they'll come do it when it dries out. Which means I might be stuck with stumps and not able to actually plant for a while the way our weather is still going.

But yay! No more obnoxious tree in the front door!

1 comment: