Friday, June 4, 2010

The Curtain Saga

So originally we had these curtains up in our apartment:

And trust me, when there they didn't look nearly this craptastic. They really fit our ikea meets secondhand vibe we were going for...

But I don't like them in the house. They just don't fit. Soooo I went on a curtain hunt. I found the perfect curtains at Target! Wait, let me rephrase. I found the perfect curtain at Target. They only had one. I asked the guy working there if there were any more in the back or at another store. He scanned it, and proceeded to tell me it wasn't coming up on his scanner which meant it didn't actually exist in our current plane of consciousness at all. All while giving me the 'I hate you for making me work' look... jerk.

So I tried to put them out of my mind. I ended up back at Target again for a wedding present for a friend. I wandered through the window treatment section thinking wistfully of the panel that got away... when suddenly there was a herd stack of them! I snatched 2, cackled maniacally, and ran home to put them up:
ahh... much better! Sorry for the bad picture though.

ps - see what I meant below about the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment