Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flowers and Weddings and Girly Stuff

So the few flowers that are on our property are blooming! Well some of them. We have roses and hostas and lilies and iris. And only 1 each of the last two. But the roses are going NUTS. They are on the side of the house surrounding the chimney. After the trees came down I got out there and weeded everything, and it's already looking a lot better, but I want to post a REAL before and after, so you'll have to wait to see what they look like. Rest assured they are covered with hot pink flowers and look horribly neglected at the same time.

Some of the branches came down with all the rain we've had, so I cut myself some stems for inside! It was a tricky process, these bushes have thorns the size of my thumb... but in the end I think it was worth it. They're so pretty! Also why is it that mangling living plants for decoration makes me feel 'civilized'?



Also, in other estrogen-fueled news I spent about 6 hours last night starting our wedding invitations! I have the primary piece designed, and now printed. But I still have to finish cutting them/embellish them all, then there's the backing card, and I still have to do the RSVP and other stuff. This might take up much of my home time in coming weeks. I do want to post a picture of what I did last night, but there won't be another until they go out. Don't want to completely ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment