Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Desaturation!

So after hours of going over it with a rented carpet shampooer, the den floor is mostly dry! Woo! We'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure we don't need to replace the carpet padding, but hopefully we won't. We got it up quick, and it was just groundwater not sewage or anything. And I've gotta believe this is a one-time thing. These are the facts I got from talking to people around town:
  • The sirens went off 3 times Saturday night.
  • There was a tornado touchdown about 20 miles south of us.
  • Every rentable carpet cleaner in the city was taken Sunday (lucky I went Monday I guess?) because a ton of people in the A2/Ypsilanti area had water in their houses.
  • Some people had water up to 2 feet deep in their basements.
So we appear to have gotten out pretty lucky! It's supposed to rain some more tonight/tomorrow but hopefully it won't be much. This has to be a fluke spring and we won't normally have water issues. Kind of like the super hot summer of '88 was a fluke summer.

And I won't be posting the next couple of days, I'm going to a conference in Chicago! I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning tomorrow to catch our flight... we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment