Thursday, June 17, 2010

Front Door Progress

So since we had all the trees pulled the front of our house is pretty bare bones. I thought, since we can't plant anything until those stumps come out why don't I put some planters on the front step?

Why don't I indeed...

So I did. Last night I went to Meijer and picked up everything I needed. I got 2 pedestal planters (made entirely from recycled materials), Miracle Grow Potting Mix, and flowers. Lord knows what it looked like before:

Please ignore the random pot of super fake flowers the previous owner left... it's seriously not as cute as it looks in this picture. I'll save the pot for something else though.

And what we've got now:

Obviously we have a long way to go (check out all those stumps!!!). And I haven't even tilled up or edged the planting bed yet but again, I have to wait. And of course it'll take several years to get it all planted and working the way we want it. And now we'll have a little something pretty to enjoy while we do! I just hope I don't kill them...

No comments:

Post a Comment