Friday, July 16, 2010

Bathroom - Before and After!

Well, it's here, the moment all 2 of you have been waiting for! Pictures of the bathroom paint.

First I'll recap why this was necessary. The genius lovely seller was cheap as crap thrifty and painted the bathroom with the shower (and no fan) with flat latex paint. Obviously, this doesn't really fly in a bathroom. So it had to be painted. I opted for a soft yellow, we have an oak cabinet with the same laminate as the kitchen, so it made it a little tricky. My normal bathroom favorites (white or blue) weren't going to work in here!

The reason we had to do this now, is because the area above the toilet started to look like this:
yeah, I know, it's so hot you're just DYING for a closeup right? Here ya go:
seeeexy.

Well I sanded it down as best I could and got to work. the ceiling went up fairly easily, even though it wasn't 'ceiling' paint. Then came the wall color. I'm still not sure how this:
 
turned into this:

but it did. So I went back to home depot. The new color is still brighter then I wanted, but it gets the job done for now. Ok, time to oooh and awww.
This picture is not really that accurate, but it's the only one I've got of that view right now. This one below is a little closer to correct, especially near the backsplash.

Yeah, my mad make-two-bad-pictures-one-picture skillz have you jealous. I know.

I'll post more/better images once I get stuff actually decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment