Thursday, May 27, 2010

Woo! HP in the House!

Ok, so I mentioned at the beginning that I would also be including some posts on 'projects' that I'm working on. This one is for the house though, kind of. Last night I got a call I have been anxiously waiting over 2 months for: my Harry Potter quilt was done!

I enjoy sewing, and quilting is one aspect of that. I spent 2 years piecing together a quilt of characters, props, and locations with patterns mostly created by the lovely Jennifer over at www.sewhooked.org. I designed the borders, and painstakingly selected fabric for each square. I usually quilt my blankets myself on my Viking, but this one deserves some extra love, so I took it to a pro. With her equipment she was able to be a lot more detailed and precise then I. Here's a sneak peak of the front:
 

She matched the colors with what was on the front, and mostly did fill in the backgrounds.and I backed it in black, so that means....
 

Super awesome pictures stitched on the back!!! And of course, obligitory 'cat claiming the new quilt' picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment