Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Glory of a Half Bath

So even though our budget was solidly in the 'first timers' market, I really really wanted a half bath. I feel like it adds so much class if all your guests don't know exactly what shampoos you use, or that I left a box of tampons on the sink, etc.

So I was thrilled that we were able to get one. Even if I'm closer to the main bathroom I sometimes go use that one, just cause I love that it's there. When we first saw the listing they tried to include a picture of this tiny half bath... it's little, so basically it was this big closeup of the toilet. My parents found it hilarious.

It's located at the end of our entry hall, so you can see it from the front door. I thought it would be fun to add a pop of color at the end of the white hall. You can see the green of the den from there, so I thought blue would look nice!
Sorry it's so dark. But I love the glow from the window in this room, so I rarely turn the light on. I painted it a rather desaturated medium blue. And I will never paint it again. because of getting around the sink and under the back of the toilet, and it was such a tight squeeze this little space took me as much time as the bigger rooms!

I knew it needed a curtain at the window, because it's ground level and right off the patio! But it's probably the smallest window ever made so I was having trouble finding anything. I finally bought a white cafe curtain and rod, and chopped the curtain in half. Once I re-hemmed it I stitched on the black bias tape for detail. I like black/blue/white together. So I also got black towels and washcloths to match.

This grainy one shows the opposite wall (pre-curtain).

No comments:

Post a Comment