Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bedroom Debates

Ok, I promise the first post of 2011 will be entirely 'above the sheets!' ;-)

I am not satisfied with how we've decorated our bedroom. I like our furniture placement, and I looooove our new duvet cover, but it hasn't actually been decorated yet. I have not decorated it, or painted, we have no nightstands, no headboard, etc. I need help! First, this is essentially the room right now. The yellow, and the ginko wall art you may recognize from the bathroom. I've included them here because both elements are very visible from the entire bedroom.
Ok, Brian also has a dresser, of similar color and shape to mine there. Eventually I'd like to get him a long low one, and move the second tall one to the guest room. First lets look at the thoughts I've had for paint. I've had the thought that a very grey blue or green might work:
The problem is, I don't want it to look like an easter eg with the bathroom. Thoughts?
As far as other elements go, this is my ideal bed:
But for cost and space reasons it's probably not feasible in our current home... which means I don't know what to do about a headboard/over the bed focal point.

A much more pressing issue that we have no nightstands. I am extremely blind, and a nighttime reader and I have no nightstand. It drives me NUTS. I have absolutely no idea what I want for nightstands either, black, white, wood, boxy, round...I need help! Here are some I've looked at:
 I really like the last one, it's 99 dollars at target. Basically with the dressers I'm afraid of filling the room with boxes.

So please, dear reader... help! I need to get the basics figured out so we can have a cozy haven in our bedroom. This one is a big mental block for me, and I need some good sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment