Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bathroom fun!

Ambiguous title maybe? Yeah, but I swear this is just about decor. A couple weeks ago, Brian's family's contractor came to help us with some house stuff. A lot of this work was in the bathroom, mostly a new fan and light, and GFI outlets. Yay meeting building codes!

It's very quiet, and ads a lot of extra light (when it's on) as well. All in all one of those nice additions that you end up noticing/liking more then is probably necessary.

Another big change came in decor. We got a beautiful dark copper piece of wall art from my cousin Chelsea for our wedding. The little alcove the toilet resides in was just screaming for some focal-art. Especially since it's visible from the master bedroom. Buuuut, it was much classier then our polka-dot ikea shower curtain and mis-matched bathmat. Off to Target I went!


We went with a combination of Asian textures and a little 'fussy-french' thrown in in the shower curtain. I think it works.


The curtain is blue and white woven flowers (with a separate liner). I like it because it covers the whole shower which still desperately needs to be retiled... The mat is actually a bunch of wooden hexagons. You'd think that would be a weird bathmat, but I really like it against the fabric curtain:

I also got new curtain hooks that match the ginko wall art:

We've definitely made some big changes in this little room! More than any other room in the house...

Also, a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all! I know a bathroom update isn't really thematically correct, but I'm thankful to have this nice bathroom!

1 comment: