Monday, November 15, 2010

Wedding Recap 2: Getting Ready!

Let's continue the wedding day saga... I swear there will eventually be more pictures. I haven't gotten them back from the photographer yet!

About 8 am on October 23rd I snapped awake when there was a sharp knocking on my hotel room door. I ran to answer it and my mom and little sister were standing in the hall. They cheered "Happy Wedding Day!!!" And I officially started to freak out.

We started the day with a big family breakfast at Angelos, an Ann Arbor breakfast staple! And by we I mean me and my family and grandparents. Brian was noooowhere near! I totally did not do what you're supposed to on your wedding day and avoid grease (I guess it helps a nervous stomach to avoid that stuff?). Nope, eggs, bacon, toast and home fries were on the agenda! I was so excited it was hard to sit still. After a nice breakfast we went back to the hotel. I didn't need to be at the hair salon until 11, but the girls were arriving there, and I didn't want to sit still!

When I got there my bridesmaid Emily was just finishing up, and she looked like a total rockstar. My maid of honor was supposed to be there, but we couldn't find her. So we decided to try the beauty school down the street (they are the same company, but one is a school, the other is the official salon, it's a little confusing). Sure enough, she'd made her appointment at the wrong place! It was a little tight in there, so Em and I went for hot apple cider at Biggby. We wandered around town until it was time to go back to the salon.

I loved my hair and makeup! They did such a great job, and it was a lot of fun. They even gave me a hand massage! When we were all pretty my mom and sister went back to the hotel while my girls and I went to get some lunch. We went to Potbelly's on the corner of State and Liberty. Like they often do, they had live music, so it was a great lunch. And did I mention I was doing all this while wearing a cathedral length veil? Those aren't easy to get around in!

After picking up my dress at the hotel we went on to the church! There the girls did their makeup and got dressed, and I jittered around the room nervously. The flowers arrived (they were perfect!) and so did the photographer and videographer. I wasn't allowed to get dressed until the last minute. So pictures were taken and my parents showed up. The guys were upstairs, and I was jumping out of my skin.
My girl Katie and I as we were getting ready!

While we waited for the go-ahead to get me dressed we played old games like 'telephone' and 'down by the banks of the hanky panky' to pass the time. Then suddenly it was time and I was dressed and ready to go! We took a few portrait photos and then it was time for the ceremony. While we waited downstairs I felt like I was going to throw up, and my dad looked like he felt just the same!

1 comment:

  1. awww.... love the picture. It's so funny for me to read other people's wedding recaps because we are all so different. I had no nerves at all that day,which is so strange. I was just ready to get the show on the road. =) Hubby - he was a basket case. He's not a fan of crowds, so I just reminded him that they really came to see me, not him. ;)

    ReplyDelete