Monday, August 2, 2010

Ahhh refreshing weekends are refreshing!

I know what you're thinking. The title to this post is soooo like, deep and stuff. Say what you want but it's true! Brian had to work every day this weekend but we still had a really really nice time. We made it a point to relax and just enjoy ourselves. This is practically the first time this summer we've done this, what with moving and the wedding it's been pretty nuts. Here follows what most would consider a boring play-by-play of said weekend:

~~~~~~

Friday night we relaxed at home with a pizza and "Hot Tub Time Machine" (review: amusing, but definitely not for everybody). Saturday while Brian was at work I went to the zoo with some friends (yaaaay animals!) and went to the mall. I dunno about anybody else but buying jeans sucks, and being successful at buying jeans is just about the best thing ever. Then we went to dinner with said same friends at Vinology.

Vinology Review:
This is a very 'cool' restaurant. Good times were had. HOWEVER, it's very very pricey. I think it would be the perfect place to stop in for a few drinks while out on the town, but we were there for dinner. And the menu of this place is so far up it's own ass that you can't tell what you're ordering through all the snob! I ended up just getting a dessert. So, fun, but probably won't be back soon.

Yesterday Brian worked while I worked on addressing more invitations. Then we went to the lake! It was just us and Matt (Brian's older brother) so it was super low key. I made burgers and corn on the cob. Then we tried some wake boarding. The guys were great of course. Me? yeah I was so good I'll be competing next weekend sucked. Granted it was my very first time trying this but I couldn't even stand up. Then I couldn't even get the board off my feet were so suctioned into the boots. It was embarrassing, but Brian assured me this is fairly normal for a first try. I'm determined to give it another go next time. For now, just imagine that this picture I found on the internet is me looking all cool:

No comments:

Post a Comment