Thursday, February 28, 2013

Life and Kitties

So costuming isn't the only thing we've been up to lately. We've been INCREDIBLY busy. And  I know what you're thinking - so what else is new, right?

I know, but here's a little update on just details in general.

Since I'm done with school I kind of have my evenings back again. So I've been costuming like a crazy person, but I also often end up working some in the evenings too. I know I shouldn't (work-life balance and all of that) so I'm trying to change that. I've also been up to my parent's a few times, and we've had some friends over for a few different things which has been a lot of fun. But really the busy one right now is Brian.

He's student teaching right now, getting ready to graduate from school (FINALLY). And it's going incredibly well, but he's completely exhausted. He also is taking 1 last class that he needed AND still working at Lowe's part time. So his school/work days are usually 12-14 hours long and he almost never gets a full day off. It has been rough for him, but also for both of us because we spend almost no time together right now. The good news is that if all goes to plan he'll be done in 2 months! Then hopefully he can find a job before too long and we can stop all this 'working nights' nonsense.

So I spend a lot of my evenings at home with the kitties right now. Ah yes, the kitties. I mentioned we added to our little family in the form of a new kitten. And he's a pill. Seriously.

Odin is very sweet, and loving and snuggly - but he does his best to drive us and Goji up the wall. When he's not wrestling with Goji he's trying to get up on the table and other places he's not supposed to go. We tried putting tape on the table, but he's too smart and just waited for us to remove the tape a few days later and then he was right back up there. Goji's taking the disturbance like a champ (a really noisy, growly champ). He's getting more relaxed around the little fuzzball and slowly returning to his normal behaviors, so he'll only get better as Odin grows out of kittenhood I think.

They definitely are extremely entertaining, and seem to enjoy eachother's company. Sometimes.

What? We weren't doing anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment