Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wooo! Stuff!

So I got so much done this past weekend I think I should get a medal. It was kind of like spring cleaning, really refreshing. Until we got over a foot of snow on Sunday night, but that's beside the point! Here's the breakdown:


Friday Night:
Nada, a friend came over and we had pizza. I went to bed at like 9:30

Saturday:
Up at 8. Hang 5 picture frames
Pull down wonky curtain rods
Patch drywall from wonky curtain rods, let dry.
Touch up paint around the house (new switchplate that was smaller then the old one, big scratch from a suitcase, etc)
Paint over now-dry drywall patches
Re-hang curtain rods
Bask in self satisfaction
Start to pull apart and organize studio (It still looks like something exploded in there, but it's actually better then it was when it was all hidden and shoved into the closet. I'll take a picture of the during/after)
Cleaning and laundry
Organize dresser drawers
Discover the show "An Idiot Abroad" and die of laughter


Sunday:
Church
Ikea with the Husband. Lunch and misc purchases ensue like:
   -Another DVD tower
   -New front door mat (was promptly covered in over a foot of snow that night)
Assemble DVD tower while watching a movie with the Husband
Clean and Pick up some more
Sink into the timesuck that is grad school for the next 10 hours (repeat until Tuesday night when Final is due)

It's amazing how a super productive weekend can completely change your mood... only to have it brought right back down by the crap that just comes up. Bah!

But hey, at least my curtains are straight and I'm done with my first grad class! Sort of... I don't have my grade yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment